|photo by googly|
One thing I have learned along the blogging pathway is that people read, but they don't read much; so I'll do my best to keep it short. Asking a preacher to keep it short is like asking an elephant to keep it light, but I'll try. Brevity is not as much a challenge to my intent as much as it is a challenge to my nature. God called me to say a lot. Yet for the sake of readership and time constraints I will try to say a lot with a little.
That said, it will be necessary to break Hell down into easily chewable bites. At this point, here is the outline for how I will proceed.
- What is Hell?
- Which Bible passages reveal Hell to us?
- What are the various views on Hell?
- Why do people go to Hell?
- What happens to people in Hell?
- How long will people be in Hell?
- What do I believe the Bible teaches about Hell (a short systematic theological statement)?
- Why is it important to retain Hell as an orthodox doctrine? Is it culturally relevant? How does one's view of Hell effects one's views of the church, God, Jesus, and Scripture?
- What is the relationship of the gospel to Hell?
Maybe there are some things you would like addressed along the way. Please let me know. I look forward to a good conversation.